The most important component of solar street lamps is solar panels. The lighting of street lamps is mainly solar panels to generate electricity. In the installation of solar street lamps, some grassroots construction personnel are free to install because they do not know much thing about solar street lamps. The solar panel can't be charged or charged very little, so the street light can't be lit or the lighting time is short. The following is a summary of the wrong installation methods to be avoided in the installation of solar street lights.
1. There are too many obstructions in the installation place, which causes the solar panel charging efficiency to drop. For example, obstructions such as leaves and buildings block light, which affects the absorption and utilization of light energy.
2. There is a reference light source next to the solar panel, which causes the solar panel charging voltage to be above the light control voltage point and cannot be lit. For example: there are other street lights next to the solar street light, the night falls, and the street light is lit up, causing the solar panel of the solar street light to detect that the light source is mistaken for daytime, when the controller controls it and does not let it light.
3, Double-sided lights, solar panels tilted face to face. For the sake of aesthetics, the installer may install the solar panels face-to-face obliquely symmetrically, but if one side is correct, the other side is definitely wrong. On the wrong side, the charging efficiency is reduced because there is no way to direct the light to the solar panel.
4, solar panel angle adjustment has problems, resulting in low efficiency of solar panel charging. The correct angle adjustment of the solar panel follows a simple principle: direct sunlight to the solar panel, so that the charging efficiency is the largest. In different places, the angle of the solar panel tilt can refer to the local latitude, what is the latitude, and how much the solar panel is tilted horizontally, so the angle of the solar panel can be adjusted for different latitudes and different pavements.
5. The solar panels are charged indoors. Some customers will install solar lights in the parking shed to facilitate night parking, but also install solar panels in the shed, so the charging effect is naturally greatly reduced. In this case, we can use outdoor charging, indoor discharge, solar panels and lights. Install in a separate manner.
6. Extend the solar panel connection line at will. In some locations, because the solar panels are too much interference, the solar panels and the lights are separated by a long distance, and some are separated by a distance of 10 meters or more, and then the two core wires are randomly connected in the market. Because the general wire quality in the market itself is not very good, coupled with the long distance of the wire, the wire loss is very large, so the charging efficiency will be much reduced, resulting in the lighting time being affected.
7. The on-site personnel will not use the engineering remote control correctly, and the parameter setting error will not light up.
So if you want to install solar street lights, please check all carefully, they are very important.
8. Our Palm Tree Series-foldable all in one solar street light could fold and unfold its solar panel, so that can face to sunlight direction at both side of the road. We have a solar led street light project in Nigeria to show you the advantage of our palm tree series, If you want know how to install the foldable all in one solar street light, pls check the installation video